News: September - November 2019 Newsletter
S E P T E M B E R 2019
* TSPoetics.com celebrated over 200K hits! #YYYAAAHHHHOOOO Thank you for all the continued love and support!
* From the page to the stage to the open trail, TS Hawkins serves as THE RANGER in Swim Pony Performing Arts’ Writer-in-Residence of TrailOff! TrailOff will be a transmedial walking performance created by Swim Pony in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC), premiering June 2020 as a free-to-download mobile app. Central to the project are ten original audio stories inspired by paths within the region’s expansive Circuit Trail network. Each trail will feature an original drama that unfolds over a roughly 2-mile route, written by local authors who demonstrate both rigorous artistic practice and connections to communities traditionally underserved by environmental programming. Click here to learn more!
* Dr. Barbara Ann Teer's National Black Theatre (NBT), celebrating its 51st season, has selected four artists for the SOUL Series LAB (Liberating Artistic Bravery) Residency, which is comprised of three signature programs: I AM SOUL Playwright Residency, SOUL Producing Residency, and SOUL Directing Residency. This year's residents are TS HAWKINS (SOUL Producing Resident), OYA MAE DUCHESS-DAVIS (I AM SOUL Playwright Resident), TYLIE SHIDER (I AM SOUL Playwright Resident), and DOMINIQUE RIDER (SOUL Directing Resident). TS is looking forward to “coming home” to NBT and the new artistic cohort!
O C T O B E R 2019
* Guess who is over the moon!?! Hawkins has joined the Et Alia Press family by appearing in Closet Cases: Queers on What We Wear by Megan Volpert! TS will be featuring “Adornment”; a new work focusing on how we wear what we wear in a society mainstreaming individuality while simultaneously caging the masses to the margins. Closet Cases is not merely a "fashion book”; it's a collection of artifacts that testify to the power of fashion as a verb to the complex and lovely strategies that govern the LGBTQIA+ community to build authentic selves that are both comfortable and seen. Closet Cases will be available in April of 2020! Et Alia Press is a small press for big voices in Little Rock, Arkansas with publishing interests in three areas: local histories, health and wellness, and emerging artists.
N O V E M B E R 2019
* Almost 3 years ago, #SuiteReality by TS Hawkins journeyed off the page and to the stage with a jaw-dropping cast and crew. Since then, it has been published internationally, won awards, and graced Chicago audiences at the Goodman Theatre. #SuiteReality will be returning as part of The Bridge PHL Theatre Festival & the Rabbit Punch Festival under the direction of Lois Moses. However, it's imperative to honor the flesh of the souls that are highlighted in this work. It's essential to remember that Black and Brown lives matter EVERY SINGLE DAY before they are locked in cages, slain for existing, or scrolling across digital screens with a commercial hashtag. As global citizens, it’s necessary to thrive in the act of humanity and continue to do what is crucial for all who inhabit the earth. Abundant gratitude to the Kings, Kweens, and everyone in-between who have contributed to the lineage of these voices!
* Thinking about saying those enchanted words to the one you love?! Well, look no further! TS curates “I Do’s” tailored to your wants and desires. Click here to learn how to book your special day!